CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 18 April 2013

Bag in a Box

Today I am showing how this bag is made at my SU training day.  I cannot take credit for the idea as I found it on Splitcoast Stampers - this is a tutorial by Diana Gibbs - the tutorial can be found here - it is so clear and easy to understand!  The box/bag is a perfect size for chocolates/biscuits/sweets and the perfect size for a cupcake!!  All you need is a piece of cardstock 4.5" by 4.5" for the box base, DSP 5.5" x 11" and then a final strip of cardstock 1" by 11" - finished off with tags at the top and ribbon and an embellishment of you choice for the front of the bag.
 Diana used the retired tag punch to make her tags at the top, I have adapted this by using the Decorative Label punch (see pics below)
To make the top tags - You will require to punch out two decorative tags
 Fold in half and do some faux stitching using a white signo pen.
 Using the circle punch from the Itty Bitty punch set  - keep the tag folded in half and punch out a little circle - this is what you will thread the ribbon through.
Use sticky strip or Tombow for this project - Snail will just not stick!  I have used More Amore papers, Primrose Petals cardstock, Silver Glimmer paper, Designer Vintage Faceted buttons, and the lovely Two-Tone Ribbon (Pink Pirouette/Rose Red)
Thanks for taking the time to look and please say 'Hi' if I saw you at training today - it would be great to put a face to a blog!!
Love and Hugs 
Sarah x x x x

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou for showing us this lovely project at Team Training Sarah! Loved all of your creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers you have used to make your bag in a box - it looks fab. I made these years ago, and filled them with mini easter eggs - funnily enough, in SU papers! I still have one of them on a shelf in my craft room:)

    ReplyDelete